Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Starting to feel at home

Birth:
    GRO Regimental Birth Indices (1761 To 1924)
    Becket Bartholomew, Gibraltar,1823, RE, Vol 658 Page 30

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by katarzyna View Post
    Is the information you give from Jeannie's Death Certificate?
    Do you have Bartholomew's death cert? If not you really need this.
    What year was Bartholomew born? He died 1902 so assume b c 1820-25
    Information on a certificate isn't 100% reliable. It depends on how well the informant knew or thought he/she knew the person.
    Meant to add:
    ....because his death cert will show his children etc.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Dear everyone
    you have a a great help.

I contacted the family member who is also seeking info She had the certifiates. This is what she sent.

Hi Doreen, i am going to copy the Death cert.,

Died- 1st May1920,@ 39 Rushell Crescent,Fitzroy,Melbourne,Victoria

Jennie Wade Hall-Female, Home Duties

Aged 48yrs

No Inquest

Parents-Bartholomew Huchinson Beckett, Draughtsman, and Elizabeth
    Beckett, formally Wade

Informant-H. Bissell, undertaker

Burial-3rd May 1920,Coburg Cemetery

Born -Manchester England, 47yrs in Victoria

Married Joseph Parker Hall, Yarraville,Victoria. aged 25yrs

Children-Joseph Parker Hall dec, Margaret Elizabeth , Kent Edgerton
    Dec, Ruth Ida Constance.

i have the Australian Marriage Index

Jeannie Beckett

spouce-Parker Jos Hall

Marriage Place Victoria

Reg Place Victoria

Reg Year-1898

Reg No-836

their marriage was also recorded in the news paper, they married on the 23rd of March,in the Presbyterian Church,in Yarraville. Joseph Parker Hall jnr Gipps Street East Melbourne,son of the late J P Hallto Jeannie Beckett From the Manse Yarraville, daughter of Bartholomew Beckett of Grey street,St Kilda, formally of Camberwell.
    also sent
    Dear Doreen, thank you for your reply. The thing that has peaked my interest is in Elizabeth's death certificate , Jennie is recorded as Jane Becket aged 24yrs,but in a side column it states the entry for her is entered in error,the column should be blank. In Bartholomew's death certificate she is entered as Jennie , 34 yrs, but again in another colum, it states that she has been entered by error,by informant. In Barts will she is named as their daughter. I was wondering. If she might have been adopted. Thanks once again
    regards
    Doreen

cont.
    I dont knowif you would like this connection, but it is connected to a direct ancestor who I am finding trouble with also.

Jeannie Beckett married Joseph parker Hall 1898 Vic. Now the connection - Joseph Parker Hall's father Joseph Parker Hall - his birth was actually registered as Joh Alexander Hall 1840 Launceston, died 1916 as Hall.
    Now his father Joseph Parker Hall (sea captain) was also known as Joseph Parker, and John Smith. his mother Margaret Wilson born 1811 Edinburgh Scotland died 1894 Wagga (2nd marriage to Soutar). Now I cannot find any marriage of a Margaret Wilson in Australia or Tasmania to a Joseph parker Hall, Joseph Parker, or John Smith. Now Margaret Wilson was aka Margaret Dodds and Margaret Scanlan, convict sent to TAsmania.
    Their daughter Charlotte Wilson Hall - her baptism was listed as father John Smith sea captain and mother Margaret Wilson.

So I am still trying to find Charlotte's grandparents and where her parents were born.
    I have contacted the National Archives in England for records of a sailor, sea captain mercant navy of a Joseph Parker or Joseph Parker Hall, no luck. No records in Australia either according to the National Maritime Museum in Sydney.
    regards
    Doreen

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by DoreenH View Post
    In Barts will she is named as their daughter.
    This is not correct. If you read his will you will see that he does not refer to her as his daughter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DoreenH View Post
    Now Margaret Wilson was aka Margaret Dodds and Margaret Scanlan, convict sent to TAsmania.
    This Margaret is not yours. She was aged 45 when she was transported in 1836, a widow with five children. That would make her 49 when her son was born and 54 when her daughter was born - highly unlikely. You can see her convict records here:

https://linctas.ent.sirsidynix.net.a...t/en_AU/names/

Your previous post on Joseph Parker HALL is here:

https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...ph-Parker-Hall

Dear everyone
    you have been most helpful re Beckett. I have passed on your replies to the other family member.

With regard to your repy re Margaret Wilson and what I thought was her re convict etc. thankyou.
    So if this convict is not my Margaret Wilson, then how did she get to Tasmania to supposedly marry Joseph Parker Hall (Joseph Parker/John Hall to have their first child born 1840 Launceston.
    I have not been able to find a shipping record for her.
    once again thank you
    Doreenh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12