Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default St Helena Rifles

I am looking to find information about a chap called Joseph Jon who served in St Helena around 1830 -1850
    Can anyone please help me find any information about the man or the st Helena rifles around that time period please.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hello Tony P, welcome to Brit-Gen.

Findmypast has no less than 16 entries for a Sergeant Joseph Jon of the St Helena Regiment of Foot. There is a comprehensive set of records (most with images) relating to his actual service and others relating to his pension. Suffice it to say he had an exemplary record and retired through ill-health after 21 years of service.

Peter

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Tony,

As your query has nothing to do with 'special offers on subscription sites' I've moved it to the far more appropriate 'Military - army' section of the Occupations forum.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Quote Originally Posted by elsinore View Post
    Hello Tony P, welcome to Brit-Gen.

Findmypast has no less than 16 entries for a Sergeant Joseph Jon of the St Helena Regiment of Foot. There is a comprehensive set of records (most with images) relating to his actual service and others relating to his pension. Suffice it to say he had an exemplary record and retired through ill-health after 21 years of service.

Peter
    Thanks Peter...How do I get access to find my past ? do you have a link

Knowledgeable and helpful

I can't give you the direct link to Findmypast's site, but if you search using the words “find my past” or “Findmypast” you will then be able to connect to their site.

Assuming you don't already have a subscription, you can sign up for a 14 day free trial or take one of the subscription deals on offer. If you're quick, you may get a half-price offer for a one or three month subscription. The offer ends tomorrow!

Peter