Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Kenny / Loynton Family History

Good evening

My name is Theresa and I live in Hampshire. I have been researching my family tree since 2006. I have hit a few brick walls during that time, but I found a 4 x cousin of mine related through my grandfather's tree, living in the USA, which was great.

I am currently researching the above families and need a little bit of advice, if possible.

My friend's father has recently found out he was adopted, nothing was ever said to him about it and he didn't find out until requesting his birth certificate; both parents are no longer alive.

Although his adoptive parents were married at the time, only the father was able to adopt him, his wife's name was crossed through.

I believe this may have been a private adoption.

In addition, I have found out his brother, born 2 years later, was also adopted.

My question is, does anyone know, or has anyone experienced only one parent (of the two parents) being named on the adoption papers.

Thank you for any help or advice.

Are you saying the adoptive wife's name is crossed out on the birth certificate or on some other paperwork? Did the adoptive couple stay together?
    The National Archives research guide on adoption is not much help at all, here

I had a friend who remarried after the death of her husband and her second husband adopted her daughter but she also had to adopt her even though she was her own birth daughter or she would have lost custody of her.

Others may be more helpful than me.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs