Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thomas Watkins

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Good find, Dundee10. I agree that it seems to be them.

Ladysailor, each household filled out a census return, the enumerator copied it into his book and the details were then transferred to the sheet we see on Ancestry; FMP; The Genealogist etc. (I think that's right), so it leaves room for mistakes to be made, in particular if someone's hand writing was poor.
    Yes, thank you almach, I've had a look at the census 1851, and I think the new sister 'Rhena' is most likely 'Rebecca'. I've got my work cut out though, because while I've now got them all living together in Poplar, I still have to find Thomas and Mary Ann's parents, but knowing they (Thomas and Mary Ann) come from Sheernesss should help.

Ladysailor

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by elsinore View Post
    I've had no success either, almach.

Except to say that if this man was baptised soon after birth, he would have been only 15 years old on marriage. Not impossible but unlikely. Of course, he might have been born a few years before baptism.

ladysailor, have you been able to view the original marriage entry between Thomas and Mary Ann? It might contain info which has either not been transcribed, or which has been mistranscribed.

Peter
    Hi Peter

Have looked up what OPC told me about Thomas and Mary Ann's marriage cert. There were two witnesses, George White and Mary Minster (or Mister). Not sure how that helps though?

Ladysailor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12