Default One legged accountants in WWII

Would the army accept a one-legged man in WWII?

I have seen photos of my father in army uniform. He had lost the lower part of one leg, most likely as a child.

Were he in the army it is most likely as an accounting officer during the war.

Would the army have accepted a man for service duty as an accountant even though he was missing body parts?

If so, how might I find records?

He would likely have served in Manchester or later in Aldershot.

All military records for the years after 1921 are still with the MoD have a look at this "sticky" It tells how you can send for the records

ETA It's not terribly clear but there is a link on the words "This 'Sticky'"
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Thanks @Ladkyls - I have the application forms and they ask for details such as service number and unit - I have found these for my grandfather but not for my father - hence the question - is it possible that he served in the army with one leg or am I looking for something that does not exist?

I think that you will find that most of those questions are optional. You will need a copy of his death certificate, his full name and birthdate. And 30 pounds.

Regarding the loss of a leg, that should only have affected his possible postings. There were a few well-known serving amputees, Douglas Bader being the most famous.

Thanks, Lesley - I'll fork out the 30 quid - they can only reject it after all.

Douglas Bader was a hero of my father's, as you can imagine - he once confessed that he had wanted to join the airforce inspired by Bader, but they wouldn't have let him fly (Bader was already an ace before he lost his legs).