Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Cemetery Records, Durban

My first Post
    I have a intrest in a Catherine Byrne B. 19 Jun. 1895 Ballyknocken Wicklow IRE. but later not sure of year she was sailing to Australia died on board & was buried at Durban Sth. Africa again not sure of year Would welcome any information on this Catherine Byrne death particulars.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums.
    Cyndi's List has lists of resources for many countries of the world. (google it) click on Categories LH side and then choose S Africa.
    Some of it links back to familysearch.org which has some deaths but as you don't know the year of death you may have to browse the lists.
    I am not up to scratch with research in S Africa but I am sure we have other members who will be more helpful.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Where have those details about Catherine come from? Is Byrne her maiden name, or her married name? (It's easy to use the wrong one - I once spent a very frustrating fifteen minutes hauling heavy ledgers off a shelf trying in vain to find my gran's death registration till I realised I was looking for her maiden surname instead of her married one!) I presume you've found her in the 1901 and 1911 censuses. What is the last document/date you have of her being in the UK? Do you know anything else about her, e. g. did she have a job which might provide records?

Added There's a 'sticky' near the top of the South Africa forum about online sources for the country.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

Here are the Durban cemeteries that have been photographed: https://www.graves-at-eggsa.org/main...itemId=1242939

There is also an index - I did a quick search and didn't come up with any useful Byrne results.

Edited to add:

Here is the search page for Natal death certificates which would include Durban. While it says 1865 to 1955, in my experience they are only indexed up to 1923 - after that you need to look through individual towns and years, which is obviously only doable if you know the year. https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/2721608