Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Settling in

Thanks Lesley
    I figured that he probably died in the flu epidemic, but there was also a chance that he might have died from wounds suffered before the war's end. I, too like to use the Ancestry trees for ideas and directions, but always follow up with a search for documentary evidence.
    I'm off to find that tree!

Wounds would have reduced his resistance.

Regarding the rank change, it could take ages for written info to get where it needed to be. His local colleagues could easily have known that he had been promoted to Sgt long before central records heard about it. It's not unusual on the medal cards index.

Quote Originally Posted by PoppaB View Post
    Thanks Lesley
    I figured that he probably died in the flu epidemic, but there was also a chance that he might have died from wounds suffered before the war's end. I, too like to use the Ancestry trees for ideas and directions, but always follow up with a search for documentary evidence.
    I'm off to find that tree!
    Carol Williams is the owner of that tree but as I said previously - no source given. However she does have a death registration for a John W Owen age 29 registered Sept 1/4 1919 Chorley.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12