Default Burial Sites for Grandparents (Taylors)

Hi guys,

I would really appreciate some help locating the graves of both these people please:

Joan Evelyn Taylor (born Joan Evelyn Prett - 29th October 1908, Parkeston, Essex) who died on 16th June 1943 in Ilford, Essex.

Charles Henry Taylor (born 13th June 1890, Chard, Somerset) who died 22nd June 1954 in Ilford, Essex.

I have trawled through the burial records for hundreds of cemeteries in Essex and I can't seem to find anything anywhere on either of them - I have both their death records and their cause of death, just no information beyond that. A family member seems to think Charles Henry Taylor might be buried in Barkingside.

I would welcome any ideas or suggestions on where else to try as I'm getting very frustrated!

If anyone can help me locate the graves or cremation information for either of these people please, I'd really appreciate it - thanks very much.

Reputation beyond repute

Have you contacted Redbridge Council and asked for their advice?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello LittleMissTC,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

It might be worth checking the local papers for about three weeks after the deaths for obituaries/reports of the funerals. Sometimes the first report just says 'this person has died' and there's a fuller report one or two weeks later, so do check more than one issue. I've seen some reports which say who sent wreaths. Also check the birth, marriage and death announcements column.

Try Ilford Central Library first to see if they have the local papers. If they don't have them, they should be able to tell you who does.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”