Question Chelsea Barracks, St George, Hanover Square

Please can anyone help me identify which Regiment/s were stationed at Chelsea Barracks, St George, Hanover Square, London in 1901??

A Great Uncle of mine was listed on that Census, but it gives no details of Regiment or Service Numbers. He is an enigma himself: Listed in 1901 as William Arthur Wheatley born in Hibbleston, Lincolnshire, he is actually William Arthur Whittles, born in Hibaldstow, Lincolnshire in 1876. Having been brought up by his Wheatley grandparents, and abandoned by both his Whittles parents, it would be just as natural to call himself "Wheatley".

In 2014, I applied to the Coldstream Guards for a Search on William Arthur Whittles or William Arthur Wheatley, giving them comprehensive family background, but it proved fruitless, as I don't think whoever dealt with it, knew what they were doing, and a second search, only came up with, again, a completely different person, who I'd already ruled out.

I have drawn a blank on William Arthur, since 1901, and using one of two surnames, hasn't helped. Just a Regiment for him in 1901 would be a big help. With thanks

Going back through the pages of the census I can see the 1st and 3rd battalions Cold Stream guards, 1st battalion Grenadier Guards, Irish guards. 3rd battalion Scots guards, Army Ordinance Corps but there is nothing to say which, if any of these your ancestor served with.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Reputation beyond repute

A quick check on a couple of his comrades also suggests the Coldstream Guards.

Although Guards service records were stored separately, they also lost records during WW2 when the Guards Chapel, where they were stored, was bombed.