Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Genealogy Prog. on Channel4

For UK members just a little heads up to a new genealogy programme that will be broadcast by Channel4 Starting on December 3rd at 1pm.
    It is called My Family Secrets Revealed. There are, I believe 15 episodes and it will be daily - weekdays.

I am in episode 14, which is due to air on December 20th so my family can still be laughing at Christmas.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Little bump to remind people about the programme.
    I'm recording it on plus1 because although I'd marked it off in the Radio Times I then forgot all about it.

Saw one weeny bit where they found someone on a crew list but as far as I can tell they didn't say in which archive the crew list was found, so therefore not exactly helpful to those of us watching the programme hoping to pick up a few tips.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Sadly, I can’t get Channel 4.
    Pity, it sounds interesting.

Starting to feel at home

High Lesley, you might try via the internet on 'ALL 4' which is Channel 4's equivalent of BBC iPlayer.

www.channel4.com.

It's free to set up an account and episode 1 is there.

Ray

Starting to feel at home

Very lightweight, superficial and full of assumptions sums it up for me. Now I know why Ladkyis says her family can still be laughing at Christmas

Thanks for the suggestion Raymond, but neither channel reaches the sunny Netherlands...
    Best I can do is all the BBC TV and Radio channels on my cable TV connection (paid through the cable company) plus iPlayer Radio.

Pam, the only online archive they seemed to use is ancestry. The DNA researcher works for Ancestry.

ETA: I got so excited today when I saw myself in the credits at the beginning of the programme I stabbed myself with my quilting needle. I sat there screeching to Mr M "Look! look! it's me ouch, ouch ouch!"

My blue T-shirt looked really good LOL
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Ladkyis View Post
    For UK members just a little heads up to a new genealogy programme that will be broadcast by Channel4 Starting on December 3rd at 1pm.
    It is called My Family Secrets Revealed. There are, I believe 15 episodes and it will be daily - weekdays.

I am in episode 14, which is due to air on December 20th so my family can still be laughing at Christmas.
    Ladkyis, please tell us they show/provide you a lot more information and sources than they cover on screen.

The first two programs screened show it to be as well sourced as the worst Ancestry trees but I cannot believe the "experts" are jumping to conclusions based on the screen evidence.
    Cheers
    Guy
    As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Ann, I hope that you got a screen dump or recording that we can see some time?

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

Waffle, waffle, and more waffle. I won't be watching that again.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast