Thumbs up King William Ale House (Thomas Stephens)

I recently found out that one of my paternal ancestors, Worcestershire born Thomas Stephens, owned, or worked in a pub somewhere in Bristol and today I found out that it was the King William Ale House in Little King Street, St Nicholas Parish. This is found on his census in the addresses panel (which I forgot to look at the first time I saw it), in the 1861 and 71 censuses, the former stating he was a publican and the latter as a beerhouse keeper.

I tried looking online to see if there's any photos of him, but I can't find anything sadly

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by NettleBranches View Post
    I recently found out that one of my paternal ancestors, Worcestershire born Thomas Stephens, owned, or worked in a pub somewhere in Bristol and today I found out that it was the King William Ale House in Little King Street, St Nicholas Parish. This is found on his census in the addresses panel (which I forgot to look at the first time I saw it), in the 1861 and 71 censuses, the former stating he was a publican and the latter as a beerhouse keeper.

I tried looking online to see if there's any photos of him, but I can't find anything sadly
    Hi there, I am researching my Dad's family. We have a Thomas Stephens in our tree. He was my great grandfather, and an inn keeper. Born in East Dean around 1842. Am wondering if the 2 are the same person
    Thanks

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffia View Post
    Hi there, I am researching my Dad's family. We have a Thomas Stephens in our tree. He was my great grandfather, and an inn keeper. Born in East Dean around 1842. Am wondering if the 2 are the same person
    Thanks
    You don't say in which county East Dean is, and I can only find the one in Sussex, which would imediately rule out the two Thomases being the same person.

However, according to the 1871 census, Nettlebranches' Thomas was born in 1810. Census reference RG10/2523 folio 23 page 1, so that would definitely rule out any connection.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi
    Thanks for the prompt reply. As you can gather a newbie to the family tree research. I just saw the name Thomas and got a bit over enthustiastic.
    Thanks very much for your help
    Pam