Default Kington of Corsham search

Hi all, my name is Andrew Kington, I live in Australia now but am looking for help trying to find more Kingtons. I have no idea what I am doing on here so please be gentle with me.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Andrew,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.
    I can assure you that we are always gentle with people because at one time we we all newbies.

However . . .
    if you are looking for living Kingtons, then we are not really for you, apart from advising of places to look for them. Our T&Cs forbid the posting of living (or potentially living) people. We deal in family history - i.e. your ancestors.

If you'd like to clarify whether you're searching for any old living Kingtons, only living Kingtons related to you (however close/distantly related ), or wanting to trace your family history (which you will probably need to do anyway to trace relatives) then we can advise you accordingly.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Hi Pam, thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Indeed I am looking for more info on William Kington who was in the Army during the WW1. Any old photos would be great as I think I have most of his info now except photos. He was from the Corsham area.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Photos of individuals are usually beyond our reach unless you're lucky enough to find a cousin.
    Even information about someone is usually beyond us without a little more basic detail such as an idea about how old someone was.
    I did try, but there is only one William Kington in the 1911 census who says he was born in Corsham. He was William George and he says he was born in 1851 which would make him slightly too old to be in the army in 1914.
    Others who say they were born in Wiltshire are two Williams born in 1880 and 1896, William Edward born 1853, Maurice William 1892, Sidney William 1868, and Walter William 1897. I've discounted the William born in 1903 as he would have been to young to fight.

There's a William Miles born 1876 who's already in the army in 1911 but he's listed as being born in Cheltenham, which is Gloucestershire.

So if you can clarify which one is yours and tell us what info you have on him, and exactly what else (apart from photos) you'd like to know, we'll see what we can do.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”