Default John Taylor Mountsorrel,Leicestershire

Hi everyone this is my first post.My brickwall is trying to determine the parents of John Taylor born 1754 in Mountsorrel.
    John Taylors birth record shows the father also named John Taylor but unfortunately no Mothers name.
    I have been stuck on this forever and have searched the Quorndon,Rothley,Mountsorrel and Barrow on soar parish records for a John Taylor marriage around this time but to no avail
    If anyone could help i would really appreciate it as i cant find a way around it

Thanks Joe

sorry i should have added that John Taylor 1754 married Sarah Willows in 1780 at Mountsorrel
    children:
    Mary Taylor 1782
    John Taylor 1786
    Elizabeth 1789
    William 1792
    All of Mountsorrel,Leicestershire

hi is there anyone who could help me with this?i still havent managed to work it out

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately this might be one of life's mysteries. If the vicar didn't write a mother's name in the parish register in 1754 you don''t have a lot of options. And they're just tedious to put into practice.

Firstly, have you gone through the Mountsorrel baptism register for other children born to John Taylor and A.N.Other? You need to bear in mind that John baptised 1754 could have been the first-born, or the last. So you need to look from about 1730-1780. Similar thing with the marriage search - from about 1730-1754.
    Ditto with the other villages you've listed, which I presume are the ones adjacent to Mountsorrel.
    FreeREG have some John Taylor marriages, though I don't know how near some of the places are to Mountsorrel. https://www.freereg.org.uk/

Leicestershire Family History Society have a research service so I don't know if joining them for a year would be helpful.

Pam

Hi Pam,
    Thanks for your reply.Yes i think you are right and maybe it will end up being a mystery,i have search through the parish records and births and marriages for all of that area many times so at least i know that i had a good go at it.
    I managed to find a potential father,John Taylor born 1716,that would have made him late 30s in 1754 so maybe too old?
    Anyway thanks for your advice i will try the Leicestershire family history society i think.
    Taylor is my direct line so perhaps i will end up paying somebody to research for me as i no longer live in the UK.

All the best Joe