Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

There are two deaths on FreeBMD that could be your Duncan
    June 1/4 1952 age 66 reg dist Liverpool N. so born c1886
    June 1/4 1959 age 72 Liverpool N born c 1887

My previous post #11
    A Jane Ellen Stewart born 18 Feb 1885 death reg Widnes March 1971

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Steweyyyy View Post
    You really have got me hooked on this,
    welcome to the highly addictive and very expensive hobby of family history
    and the information has been brilliant. Thankyou so much! I seem to have alot of the gaps I wanted to fill (excluding what I can gather about Francis now through certificates) I've spent several hours trying to understand the situation were Duncan seems to have resided with Ellen (it may be Duncan jnr I don't know) if it is then Ellen is Duncan's daughter in law!
    You need Francis' (born 1935) birth certificate as a minimum to prove his father was Harold Moulton Stewart. If so, then yes, Ellen is the daughter-in-law of Duncan born 1885.
    Duncan junior married Jane McNabb in 1929 - see my post #14.
    I have to wonder what happened to Duncan and his wife Jane Ellen. Knowing Jane Ellen was in a mental institute as recent as 1971
    That is not what Christina said. She said Jane Ellen was in a mental institute in 1939.
    Yes, it is possible that she was still there when she died but you'll need Jane's death certificate to prove it. (Hopefully the 1971 certificate has a 'occupation and usual address' column.)

Im trying hard to work on what became of Duncan. I can't find a death certificate, did he move abroad? I know he was born in 1885. When he was 25 in 1911 he was also with Helen at that point, he was working as a ships waiter. Then I can't track him.
    You'll need the electoral rolls. I would suggest that you work backwards from 1939.
    The family moved from West Derby sometime between the 1911 census and the birth of Harold in 1912. They may have only moved a few streets but they were living in West Derby registration district in 1911 and Harold's birth was registered in Liverpool registration district. I suspect the archives/record office will have maps showing the boundaries of the registration districts.
    No electoral rolls were taken during the war, but they began again in 1945.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

This is The National Archives guide to the available records for the County Mental Hospital, Rainhill
    https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/h...ils.asp?id=629
    Merseyside Record Office seems to be the one you want.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123