Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

A Jane Ellen Stewart born 18 Feb 1885 death reg Widnes March 1971
    In 1939 she was a patient in County Mental Hospital, Rainhill

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thankyou for all this information its brilliant!

I suppose the questions I have unanswered now are;

What was the relationship of Duncan Stewart to Ellen?

If he was not Ellen's Husband then who was Francis' Fathers name?

What was the cause of Francis' Death and who did he reside with in Nottingham? Was it the person I saw looking for family in the Liverpool Echo Helen Peck? - Death cert needed?

Francis apparently had children besides his first wife with this Woman id really love to know anything about them.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

By the way, really interesting about Jane Ellen (its sad to think she ended this way)

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    A Jane Ellen Stewart born 18 Feb 1885 death reg Widnes March 1971
    In 1939 she was a patient in County Mental Hospital, Rainhill

Christina
    Interesting. And depending how long Jane had been a patient there, it's a possibility that Duncan senior could be Francis' father.
    I think the purchase of Francis's birth certificate is another 'must'.

( wonder if this is Duncan Stewart from 1939
    58 Prince Edwin Street, South Everton, West Derby
    Duncan Stewart 25 Ships Waiter
    Jane Ellen Stewart 25 wife
    Duncan George Stewart 3
    James Stanley Stewart 2
    All born Liverpool
    Duncan George Stewart's birth reg on the GRO index gives his mothers's maiden name as Page. Duncan Stewart and Jane Ellen Page married Sept 1/4 1906
    They had a daughter, Millicent Maud in 1914 and a son Harold Moulton in 1912
    Christina
    'Baby' Duncan George married Esther McNabb in 1929, and in 1939 they're living with four children including a Millicent (birth registered as Millicent Maud) in Liverpool.
    James Stanley married Catherine McGlynn in 1931.

Now, wait for this . . . . . .
    In 1934, Harold M Stewart married Ellen Blake.
    Who wants to bet that Blake started life as a very badly written Beake? With the first name of Ellen in my opinion it's just too much of a coincidence. Hopefully
    https://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/marriagesearch.php
    could provide a copy of the original entry in the registrar's book.
    However, the purchase of Francis' birth certificate should prove the same thing (i.e. his father is Harold Moulton Stewart).

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

I think I should have engaged brain for a second longer in my previous post.

Yes, there is the possibility that Ellen's surname in the marriage certificate may be incorrectly indexed as Blake instead of Beake. But equally possible is the mother's maiden name being incorrectly indexed as Beake when it should be Blake against Francis' birth certificate.

But, yes, Steweyyy, the purchase of Francis' birth and death certificates is, in my opinion, essential in trying to solve the mystery.

Pam

Famous for offering help & advice

Possible birth reg.

Harold M Stewart
    Mother's Maiden Name: PAGE
    Oct-Nov-Dec
    Volume: 8b
    Page: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Interesting. And depending how long Jane had been a patient there, it's a possibility that Duncan senior could be Francis' father.
    I think the purchase of Francis's birth certificate is another 'must'.

'Baby' Duncan George married Esther McNabb in 1929, and in 1939 they're living with four children including a Millicent (birth registered as Millicent Maud) in Liverpool.
    James Stanley married Catherine McGlynn in 1931.

Now, wait for this . . . . . .
    In 1934, Harold M Stewart married Ellen Blake.
    Who wants to bet that Blake started life as a very badly written Beake? With the first name of Ellen in my opinion it's just too much of a coincidence. Hopefully
    https://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/marriagesearch.php
    could provide a copy of the original entry in the registrar's book.
    However, the purchase of Francis' birth certificate should prove the same thing (i.e. his father is Harold Moulton Stewart).

Pam
    Great work Pam

Birth reg Ellen Blake Sept 1/4 1914 Liverpool reg dist vol 8b page 133 Mother's maiden name Hirst. This is the only birth reg in Lancashire 1914-1915 and there isn't one for an Ellen Beak(e)
    There is also a birth reg for a Francis Blake Sept 1/4 1912 Liverpool mmn Hirst.

A Francis Blake b 1874 Liverpool married Harriet Hirst Sept 1/4 1900.They are in the 1911 census and when you see the handwriting on some of the surnames you can make a case for it being transcribed as Beake.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Great work Pam

Birth reg Ellen Blake Sept 1/4 1914 Liverpool reg dist vol 8b page 133 Mother's maiden name Hirst. This is the only birth reg in Lancashire 1914-1915 and there isn't one for an Ellen Beak(e)
    There is also a birth reg for a Francis Blake Sept 1/4 1912 Liverpool mmn Hirst.

A Francis Blake b 1874 Liverpool married Harriet Hirst Sept 1/4 1900.They are in the 1911 census and when you see the handwriting on some of the surnames you can make a case for it being transcribed as Beake.

Christina
    My so-called 'great work' was only made possible because of you finding the family in the 1911 census.

And your latest findings only seem to cement things further with Ellen Blake/Beake's father and brother) being Francis.

Pam

In the 1939 register Duncan and Ellen are living at 16 Erskine St. Also at the same address. on the previous page, is Harriet Connor with three other redacted records. I think Harriet is Harriet Blake in the 1911 and is the sister of Ellen. Harriet married a Patrick Connor in 1927 Liverpool
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

You really have got me hooked on this, the information has been brilliant. Thankyou so much! I seem to have alot of the gaps I wanted to fill (excluding what I can gather about Francis now through certificates) I've spent several hours trying to understand the situation were Duncan seems to have resided with Ellen (it may be Duncan jnr I don't know) if it is then Ellen is Duncan's daughter in law! I have to wonder what happened to Duncan and his wife Jane Ellen. Knowing Jane Ellen was in a mental institute as recent as 1971 Im trying hard to work on what became of Duncan. I can't find a death certificate, did he move abroad? I know he was born in 1885. When he was 25 in 1911 he was also with Helen at that point, he was working as a ships waiter. Then I can't track him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast