Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brick wall demolition expert!

I can't find any trace of Albert's birth certificate either, and I would agree with Jomot1 that it's likely that he was registered as Bracken, but he may not have been registered at all.

George Alexander Muttlebury married Mary Louisa Michel 1 November 1865 at St. John The Evangelist Church, Clifton, Gloucester, and Albert George Alexander Muttlebury married 29 Mar 1902 Matilda Betty. GAM died in 1893. Mary Louisa Muttlebury died in 1911. So I think from that we can conclude that GAM and Caroline were not married.

Kate Shattock appears in the 1891 census at:
    RG12 / Piece 1960 / Folio 117 / Page 22

I've been looking around for some clues and the closes I could find is someone called Robert John Shattock. Not only was he a sailor but he was born around the same time as Eliza and died before Kate and Albert's weddings. I did find some holes, however. Apparently he married another person in 1874 (Elizabeth Reed), but he was living in Devon at the time. For him to fit, there would have to be three things;

1. He traveled around the country alot (from Devon to Bristol and back)
    2. He must've had two partners, one in which he married
    3. After he died, the Brackens must have referred to him as Clement

I know this is sort've hanging by a cliff, but it's the closest I could find (so far...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12