marj

Could Harry be Henry

Freebmd
    Births Mar 1864 (>99%)

Carter Henry Leicester 7a208

GRO Index has no mothers Maiden Name.

Marj

Famous for offering help & advice

I think Dundee's suggestion that Esther Camden Lake could be Esther Camden Barker looks like a really good call. It seems the 1881 family in Newark moved to Bradford, Yorkshire shortly afterwards, and a son Thomas Hatherley [Etherley] Barker was born there in 1882.

Sarah Ann Barker married Titus Henry Wilson in Bradford in 1896 & a witness is John Camdon Barker. John Camdon Barker was also named as the father of Christopher Atherley Barker at his marriage in Shipley, Yorkshire in 1914.

I've found the family in 1891 but Esther is not with them, nor can I find her anywhere else. However, the Barker family being in Yorkshire certainly puts Esther Camden Barker firmly in the frame to be Esther Camden Lake.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Just a thought on the occupation of "electrician". Electricity was not all that common in the period under discussion, and so it seems likely to me that Harry might have had an earlier trade, where he might have learned to be an electrician. Being a miner might fit. pwholt

Settling in

Hi everyone, just wanted to say big thank you for all your suggestions. I'll research them further but grateful for your time and energy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12