Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Famous for offering help & advice

Just regarding that will, the Register of Soldiers Effects has Adelaide as sole legatee so it's unlikely that anyone else is mentioned. If you haven't seen one, then as Pam says, they are generally very informal and usually consist of little more than 'I leave everything to my dear wife/mother' followed by their name & address. That said, the one's I've seen were written on the day of departure from the UK to a theatre of war, so can be interesting from that perspective if nothing else.

Famous for offering help & advice

Your comment about Henry Alan Lawrence makes me think that the earlier suggestion that William Ronald was adopted into the family may be correct.
    Henry Alan may have been born Alan Henry and is I think from Family Search in an institution in Bishop's Stortford in 1901. His birthplace may have been Sawbridgeworth near Bishop's Stortford but varies in censuses and includes Cambridge, where the Whybrews were living in 1911.
    It may be that the Whybrews had acted as foster parents to both Henry Alan and William Ronald.
    But this is just a guess!

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by grisel View Post
    It may be that the Whybrews had acted as foster parents to both Henry Alan and William Ronald.
    But this is just a guess!
    That sounds reasonable Grisel. You have the right details for Henry Alan or Alan Henry Lawrence. I'm still looking for Adelaide between 1871, when she was in the Ipswich workhouse with her father Harold, and 1905 when she married William Whybrew.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12