Default James N Anderson 73301

Hi

Can anyone help me find more information on Private James N Anderson, 73301, Royal Welsh Fusiliers

I have his medals and want to find out more about him

Thank you

James Neils Anderson
    Rank Private
    Medals Awarded - British War Medal and Victory Medal
    Regiment or Corps - The Royal Welsh (Welch) Fusiliers
    Regimental Number - 73301
    Previous Units - R.W. Fus. Pte. 73301 Infantry Base Depot., 2/R.W. Fus., R.W. Fus. Infantry Base Depot., 16/R.W. Fus.
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thanks, I have both those medals in front of me

Any chance of finding war diaries or war record or ancestry information such as family, date of birth, date of death etc?

Hi
    I have been looking for a birth for a James Neils Anderson and the only close one that shows on FreeBMD is a James Neilson Anderson birth registered in Sept 1/4 1869. So I looked in Scotland and there is this birth. No way of knowing if he is yours though as his service record doesn't appear to have survived the bombing/fires of WW11 so unfortunately no way to identify him.
    James Neill Anderson
    Born 29 Jun 1881
    At Inveresk, Midlothian, Scotland
    Father - David Anderson
    Mother - Frances Walker Anderson
    FHL Film Number: 232688

War diaries can be found on The National Archives site Here but it would be a very unusual set of circumstances to find a reference to the lower ranked servicemen in them but will give you information regarding his regiments movements.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

Another possibility:

Baptism at St James Church in Toxteth Park in the parish of Walton on the Hill, Lancaster (Lancashire):
    13 Nov 1898 (born 11 Sep) James Neils s/o Charles William & Annie Julia Anderson, 41 Morton Street, Labourer

ANDERSEN, JAMES NEILS mmn BARTLY GRO Ref: 1898 D Quarter in TOXTETH PARK Volume 08B Page 158 (note spelling of surname)

Parents marriage Jul-Sep 1897 Toxteth Park Charles William Andersen & Annie Julia Bartley

1901 – 41 Morton Street, Toxteth Park
    Charles W Andersen 29 Coachman not Domestic born Liverpool, Lancashire
    Annie J Andersen 25 born Ireland
    James N Andersen 2 born Liverpool, Lancashire

1911 – 13 Seymour Road, Litherland, Lancashire
    Charles William Andersen 40 Coachman b Liverpool, Lancashire
    Julia Andersen 34 married 13 years, 1 child born/still living, born Kingstown, County Dublin, Ireland
    James Andersen 12 b Liverpool, Lancashire
    Joseph Kenna 25 Boarder Coachman b Seacombe Cheshire

Marriage, West Derby 1921 James N Anderson & Melita Ablett

1939 - same address as 1911
    James N Anderson, DoB as per baptism record, plus wife Melita Anderson, 2 children & mother Annie.

Likely death Oct-Dec 1958 Liverpool North, followed by Melita in Jan-Mar 1859. Both aged 60.

However, there is also a marriage July-Sep 1903, Toxteth Park of James Neils Andersen & Florence Guest, but I can find no further trace of them after this. However, I suspect that this is Florence Guest born 1868 and James Neilson Anderson [Andersen] born 1869, and if so then I think it unlikely he would be serving in WW1 given his age. I also think that this is Charles William Andersen's brother (both have the mmn Bradley)
    Last edited by Jomot1; 12-10-2018 at 10:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Thank you all very much for your help, has allowed me to get a feel for the man and his family

Seems surname was originally "Andersen" with an E due to Danish roots