Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    I'm pleased I'm not the only one who couldn't find a death for Bertram Trigg, though I found one for an Olaf Hamilton. Died age 43, Hampstead registration district, December quarter 1922. Age is slightly out for Bertram William Matthews Trigg, birth registered September quarter 1876, but that's not unusual.

And after searching for what seems a lifetime I finally found Bertram, Florence, three children (although one of the newspaper reports said that Florence said she had four children to support) plus two younger brothers of Bertram in the 1911 census. Living in Electric Avenue, Brixton. RG14/2077 SN 265. Indexed on FMP as Friggs.

Pam
    Hi Pam, I think there WAS a fourth child. If you look again at the census there is a 4 month old Virginie Doris listed.This would be a different person to Doris Florence Trigg who was born in 1903 and who would have been about 7-8 at the time. She doesn't appear at all on the census (either an error or she was staying elsewhere). Can only assume this "Virginie Doris" died in infancy, as I cannot find a birth register for her. Steve

Dundee10

She is 7 years old, not 4 months. Florence has three children born alive and three still living.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks Dundee10, Yes I see, I thought the second column in the age section was for "months", but can see it actually is for "females ages". I am not sure why they called her "Virginie Doris" either, her name was actually Doris Florence. But then again the parents were people of mystery, being aka Dr Nikola and Madame Ziska.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123