Hi Everyone,

My brick wall involves my 4th Great Grandmother, Mary SMITH, who married John TOWNSEND in 1804 at St Peter's Church, Yaxley, Huntingdonshire.

I have a lot of information about Mary from Census data, her children, her will, but only after the marriage, which is the first event that has been able to be documented - Mary's suspected date of birth is around 1785.

In each Census, she is shown living in Coventry, Warwickshire, and originating in "IRELAND". Nothing further than just "Ireland".

A cousin has a theory that one of Mary's descendants is named for Mary's mother - but as we have no data for Mary before the 1804 marriage in Yaxley, we can not be sure of Mary's mother's name.

It is suspected that Mary's mother's name was along the lines of "Mary REA" - so Rea, Reay, Ray, or similar. And, for Mary's father, we are assuming a James SMITH.

Searching various Irish records around 1785 has turned up Mary Smiths all over Ireland and Northern Ireland with parents James and Mary... so, I'm wondering if anyone else has more information to prove Mary Smith's parentage and birth location?

Living in hope!!
Megan in Sydney Australia