Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default John Parks (1740-1796) Mary Payne (1742-?)

I am new to this site. My sister-in-law and I just came back from visting London last week. It was great. But we're still looking for more info. John was my 3rd g.grandfather born in Ewhurst, Sussex, England. He married Mary Payne on 14 Sep 1762 in Lewes, Sussex, England, and they had 4 or 5 children: James (1771-1842), David (1778-1850) my 2nd g.grandfather, Stephen (1796-1860), and possibly Hannah, unknown info.

We went to the London Metropolitan Archives for our London based info. But where do we go to check on Lewes or Ewhurst? I have been searching for direction. Any help would be appreciated.

We are planning on visiting London again next year again.

Thanks, diane

Starting to feel at home

I believe the place you need is :
    The Keep,
    Woollards Way,
    Brighton,
    BN1 9BP,
    United Kingdom

They have a facebook page - thekeeparchives

Hi Diane, and welcome to Brit-Gen.

You posted your query in the 'Introduce Yourself' forum, which is a place for new members to say hello and tell us a little about themselves. As it will attract more interest in the forums 'General Family History Queries' or 'Brickwalls' I have moved it for now to the General Family History forum, if you'd prefer it was elsewhere let me know.
    Alma

John was my 3rd g.grandfather born in Ewhurst, Sussex, England. He married Mary Payne on 14 Sep 1762 in Lewes, Sussex, England, and they had 4 or 5 children: James (1771-1842), David (1778-1850) my 2nd g.grandfather, Stephen (1796-1860), and possibly Hannah, unknown info.
    Diane, in order to help you we need some more information. Please can you say how you got back to your 2nd g.grandfather.

Have you found baptisms for James, David and Stephen, if so, please post details as I can't find baptisms in Ewhurst or nearby for those names with parents John and Mary. Also, although possible, I think it highly unlikely Stephen, born 1796, would be the child of Mary born about 1742, as Mary would have been over fifty.
    Alma

There is a baptism in 1777 Ewhurst for a David Parks, his parents are John and Elizabeth.

Also, Elizabeth Parks baptised 1774, parents John and Elizabeth.
    Alma