Knowledgeable and helpful

Default 1861 image look up request

I do not have a subscription to any of the commercial sites at the moment, so would some kind soul please look at the image of the piece below for me.

Source : FreeCEN
    Piece: RG9/2728 Place: West Derby -Lancashire Enumeration District: 6E
    Civil Parish: West Derby Ecclesiastical Parish: West Derby
    Folio: 15 Page: 24 Schedule: 119
    Address: 17 Hutchinson Street
    John Jackson, head – Isabella Jackson, wife

I am interested in the transcription for:
    TUSON Isabella Ma-Law

Is it definitely TUSON or could it be TYSON on the image and it is simply a transcription error?

The reason for my request is that I cannot find a marriage for John JACKSON (head) and Isabella TUSON (wife). But I can find a marriage for JACKSON and TYSON in July 1832 on Familysearch. I am following a line of TUSON ancestors presently.

Many thanks
    David
    Last edited by David Tuson; 25-09-2018 at 4:53 AM. Reason: Removing blank lines

Dundee10

It is definitely TYSON, the same as all the other 'y's on the page. She is 'Mo in L' (mother in law).

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi David,
    It is definitely Tyson.
    The marriage you've found in 1832 fits perfectly with (middle) Isabella's birthplace. (There's three Isabella's - ma-in-law, wife, and granddaughter.)

I thought middle Isabella was possibly 57 years old in 1861, but I reckon it's a badly written 51, which would almost fit a baptism in 1809 in Corney, parents William and Isabella Tyson.
    In 1851 John and middle Isabella are in Wide Street, West Derby, Isabella aged 40, born Corney, and with them is a niece, Mary Tyson.
    HO107/2192 folio 308 page 38

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Hi David,
    It is definitely Tyson.
    The marriage you've found in 1832 fits perfectly with (middle) Isabella's birthplace. (There's three Isabella's - ma-in-law, wife, and granddaughter.)

I thought middle Isabella was possibly 57 years old in 1861, but I reckon it's a badly written 51, which would almost fit a baptism in 1809 in Corney, parents William and Isabella Tyson.
    In 1851 John and middle Isabella are in Wide Street, West Derby, Isabella aged 40, born Corney, and with them is a niece, Mary Tyson.
    HO107/2192 folio 308 page 38

Pam
    Many thanks Pam.
    I am actually a transcriber for FreeCEN working on some Lancashire 1861 images - not West Derby unfortunately.
    I'll ask my "co-coordinator" if the record can be amended on FreeCEN.
    And I will not spend any more time on the Jackson family as there is no connection to TUSONs..
    David