Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loves to help with queries

Thank you Alma..... I have just been looking at old photos we inherited from late mother in law. There is a studio photo of Mary Hopkins probably taken when she was around 70 on which is written that she was Margaret Mary's first child and was brought to the marriage of Margaret and George Griffiths. The name Mary Hopkins is written on the back as well. Glad M-I-L thought to put that information on. Wish I had looked through these photos earlier!

That's one mystery solved then................their name was HOPKINS, not Hopkinson.

This is probably Mary's death registration. Thornaby, where Mary was living in 1939 is in the Cleveland registration district.

Deaths Jun 1952, Cleveland, vol 1b page 575.
    Mary Hopkins age 86.
    Alma

Thank you. I will add that death information on to the 'site'. Also, will change her 'maiden name' to
    Hopkins. It looks like perhaps the Griffiths name was used at census time to make her be a full daughter
    of the parents.
    I'm not sure what I should do about the marriage records of Margaret and George Griffiths. Both the parish record and the Registrar's records show Hopkinson. Obviously they can't be changed, but the my family tree will not be right which ever way I go.
    Sandeea

Almach - Looking at the 1871 census, I'm feeling fairly confident that Margaret Hopkins, general servant in Holbeck, Leeds is the right Margaret Hopkins born in Tipperary, Ireland and in view of this, I will be adding the 1871 census to the family tree. Holbeck is just over 12 miles from Normanton where George Griffiths lived, so there is a good chance they met somewhere and they married in 1873.
    I've touched on a William Hopkins, Shoemaker as well. He may be Margaret Hopkins father. I will look into that one later. In the meantime, I will concentrate on Margaret Hopkins and anything else I can find out about her. If you are able to come up with any other details regarding this family, it will be very much appreciated. Thank you so much for what you have found for me so far.
    Sandeea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12