Default The Family name of Swarbrick

Hello everyone,

My name is Tim and I'm attempting to research my family name Swarbrick.
    I'm coming into this completely blind with no relatives to gain information from. My mother and father have both passed away (2010 and 1989 respectively) as too have my grandparents on my fathers side. My father was an only child so I'm the last Swarbrick alive, a rather sad thought hence my wanting to do some research.

My mother has one sister but the two sides of the family never really spoke, they're a funny thing families aren't they, so my Aunt can't shed any light either.

I do have some pieces of info but the welcome post isn't the place for them. I'll have a nosy about the site and see what's what but if anyone has any links, other sites or pointers I'm all ears.

I've tried Ancestry on the free trial but had no luck. I've also bookmarked freebdm and GRO websites.

Many thanks,

The last surviving Swarbrick or Tim

Brick wall demolition expert!

Welcome to the forum.

Swarbrick is an old Lancastrian name, so I know that you won't be the last surviving one, albeit the last one in your direct line; indeed I worked with one for many years until I retired some years ago.

A simple search of the GRO birth index on FMP for 40 years either side of 1960 shows nearly 2800 Swarbrick births, so once you get into family history research, just think of the hours of fun you can have trying to connect all the dots! Believe me it can get very additive.

Growing old Disgracefully

Megan I think we've found him some relies.

Indeed you have, thank you! The research thread is HERE. Anyone else who can help, please visit it.