Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Finding MARGARET RILEY

First of all, I'm back under a new name. I could not log onto my account of Nerjagirl, even though I had my log in details, so have had to use an alternative email and new username.

Note to Almach. I have been searching through all the information you found for me, and have been collating it all into chronological order.

The Census information you sent me, specifically for 1861 show that my Ancestor MARGARET RIELY was living in Holywell, her birth place, with her parents PATRICK & BRIDGET.

1. How can I find out their address at this time?)

By 1871, MARGARET RILEY was living with her father PATRICK RILEY, (her Mother had died), not found a Death Notice yet, together with her siblings. They were all residing with her fathers parents PATRICK & ELLEN RILEY, in an area of Holywell, called Castle Hill. After some research, it seems that Castle Hill was once a Brewery, owned by the Fox Family, ad later became a Farm.

2. If anyone could shed an light on this area, and let me know if I am correct about this, or if there is another area called Castle Hill, It would be much appreciated.

I have found MARGARET RILEY'S Marriage Certificate to MICHAEL KELLY, and am awaiting its arrival, but have come up against a brick wall, with regards to her Birth Certificate (not started looking for MICHAEL'S yet). I have searched Reily, Reilly and Riley, to no avail.

3. Has anybody got any suggestions how I could continue my search. On the Census of 1871, it gives her age as 12, which would mean she was born circa 1859, and I have searched around those years also, but drawn a blank Again, if anybody could help, I would be truly grateful.

Once again, I would like to thank Almach for all her efforts in giving me all the information she found, which allowed me to dig deeper into the family and piece together more about all my Ancestors. My heart is humbled at your generosity and kindness. Thank you.

Famous for offering help & advice

1861 WALES census
    Class: RG9; Piece: 4269; Folio: 24; Page: 42; GSU roll: 543259

Address Castlehill

Transcribed as RIELY

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you Pamela for the reply, but where have you sourced this information and will it tell me anything more than I already know? That's why I typed her name in as Riely on the 1861 Census and Riley on the 1971 Census. I really do appreciate you taking the time to give me this information though.

Famous for offering help & advice

Found on Ancestry. Bridget,mistranscribed as Bredges,image looks like Bridget. No other info on census. Ancestry can be accessed free in public libraries,not sure if that applies in Scotland.

Patrick Riely 27. Glazier born Ireland
    Bredges Riely 35. "
    William Riely 10
    Catherine Riely 8
    John Riely 5
    Margaret Riely 3
    Mary Noon 60 mother in law. "

Have not found a birth reg for Margaret. All the children are born Holywell but I have found birth regs with MMN Noon born Warrington for children named William ,Catherine & John .

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Birth Regs found?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    Found on Ancestry. Bridget,mistranscribed as Bredges,image looks like Bridget. No other info on census. Ancestry can be accessed free in public libraries,not sure if that applies in Scotland.

Patrick Riely 27. Glazier born Ireland
    Bredges Riely 35. "
    William Riely 10
    Catherine Riely 8
    John Riely 5
    Margaret Riely 3
    Mary Noon 60 mother in law. "

Have not found a birth reg for Margaret. All the children are born Holywell but I have found birth regs with MMN Noon born Warrington for children named William ,Catherine & John .
    Hi Pamela. Could you give me birth Rey�s of the ones you did find?