Thread: Hello

Wink Hello

Hello

I got the family history bug when sorting out family photographs after my father's death. One depicted two people I didn't recognise and an inscription that made no sense given what I knew of the family. It turned out to be my father's birth mother (who died when he was 8) and her parents and 7 keneston siblings moved from Devon to within walking distance from where I now live. So did the Bailey paternal line of Dad's family

Now my mother has dementia and much of her time now is spent in her childhood in 1920s Walworth, London. That's got me researching her Adams and Tucker family. It makes me smile everytime Mum say's "I don't know how you remember all these places and people" as if I was there at the time!

That's a long introduction! Look forward to meeting you
    rbwheelie

Welcome in!
    It’s amazing how many paths there are to the same end - it was a photo of my paternal great uncles & aunts and their parents that started me off.
    Have a wander round, see what’s where, and join in the fun. Note the “sticky” messages at the tops of many of our forums - they contain stuff that’s generally useful on that topic.

thanks