Default Uniform identification

Hi there,

I’m new to forums so be gentle lol.

I’m applying for my Irish citizenship and in doing so I’ve had to do a lot of research into grandparents and beyond to prove Irish lineage. Looking at the “English” side of my family tree I found this photo of who I believe to be my grandfather. There is no information other than the names sadly but it seems to be the right people.

Both died before I was born and my mum never really spoke of them so I’m at a loss. Uncovering this photo I can put a face to a name which I’ve not been able to do. Its difficult to find any military records as the name is quite common and there are loads across many regiments.

If someone could help me identify this uniform it would be a massive help and I’d be ever so greatful.

Thank you for reading and 🤞🏻 Someone can help.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    If you came to us from Forces War Records reading this will explain the connection.
    I am no good at uniform identification but some of our members are. Hopefully it won't be too long before they see your post.
    Is it possible to edit the photo to do a clearer close up of the cap badge?
    If you have a possible name for this man and his date and place of birth it may help.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs