Thread: Hello All

Settling in

Default Hello All

Hey there folks,

My name is Alistair Reece and I live near Charlottesville, Virginia, though I am originally from the UK - I am an army brat, so being from anywhere in particular is kind of a weird concept, but I grew up mostly in Germany and the Outer Hebrides.

I got into researching my family when my parents came over to visit my wife and I here for my 40th birthday, and produced a family tree that my dad had been researching. I have basically taken his work and run with it, as well as adding my wife's ancestors into the mix - a very, very interesting group of people who have their roots deep in Colonial America, including connections to Jamestown and the founding of Virginia.

While the past is fascinating, I love discovering cousins of varying distance that are alive now as well.

"VelkyAl" is Czech for "Big Al", I lived in Prague for 10 years and it was one of my nicknames there.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum! I see that you have already found your way around and are settling in.

Enjoy!