Thread: Hi Everybody

Settling in

Default Hi Everybody

I have been doing genealogical research since the mid-eighties, when microfiches were cutting edge technology and you printed stuff out on a daisy wheel printer, lol, but I dip in and out and consider myself intermediate at best; mostly I feel like a rank beginner! I'm hoping people who are less dilettante than me can help my various researches, but I'm also happy to do searches on ancestry and find my past for people who don't have access and are stuck. I'm not expert but I am very persistent and quite good at lateral thinking, so hopefully I will sometimes come in useful.
    Regards
    Sue

Hi Sue and a warm welcome to Brit-Gen
    I see you are finding your way around the forums just fine and have already posted and getting some help.
    Things certainly are a lot easier with the internet these days aren't they but that still doesn't stop us getting frustrated sometimes when what we want doesn't instantly pop up.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Settling in

Hi Christina, thanks for the welcome. I'm grateful for all the help I can get and hope that any help I can offer doesn't breach the T&Cs or anyone's copyright