Default Williams Family Tree

Hi All,

My name is Phil Williams and I have been researching the Williams family from Aberdyfi, Gwynedd (or Aberdovey, Merionethshire as it was in my day!), for many years. My brother started the research after reading a booklet produced by a cousin, Professor Sydney Alan Barker, who wanted a family crest and had to prove he was not related to any Barker family that already had a crest.

My brother used a card index system to record all his research but we soon realised that this was rather cumbersome, to say the least. I have always been interested in computers and so I modified a computer program to work the way I wanted to (on an Archimedes machine) and entered all of the information my brother had discovered.

Time went on, computers were replaced, the internet took off, and we now have 111,800 (and counting) individuals in The Williams Family Tree. Feel free to check out the website at williamsfamilytree.co.uk.

Cheers,

RottenSod.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    I see you are already finding your way around the forums ok and receiving replies to your post.
    Good luck with your research. My lot give me enough grief and I am forever grateful I don't have to research Welsh ancestors.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs