Knowledgeable and helpful

Default William Henry Wenham in 1891

Researching an ancestor (Martha Johnson, formerly Hall, nee Brunning) I find her in 1891 with her adult son and the three children of her deceased daughter.

The daughter (Margaret Johnson born 1857) died in 1888. The three children are from her 1879 marriage to William Henry Wenham who was born 1855. When William married Margaret he was a beer dealer but when their daughter, Ada, was born in 1881 he was a fishmonger on the baptism record.

The three children William and Margaret Wenham had were Ada in 1881, Henry Charles in 1882 and Emily in 1885. The three children are in the 1891 census (RG12 Piece 1370 Folio 47 Page 9) with their uncle and grandmother (Martha Johnson). It seems reasonable the three young children would be living/staying with their grandmother but I can't find their father in 1891.

There is one possible who is about the right age, place of birth but the occupation is not right and he has a Sidney and Maud with him as son and daughter both born 1875. The GRO indexes does not show Sidney or Maud with mother's maiden name of Johnson around then.

So, where is my widowed William Henry Wenham in 1891?

These look like the two births of the children of the William Wenham you found in the census so youe are right in thinking it isn't your man.
    Maude Mary Wenham mmn EVANS June 1/4 1875 St Saviour Surrey vol 1d page 171
    Sydney Herbert mmn EVANS same details as above.
    They are in the 1881 census with their mother Mary, an accountant's wife.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Knowledgeable and helpful

Accountant makes sense with the occupation for the man I found who isn't mine! Thank you.

I thought I would see if there was a death for William Henry after 1881 and there is this Burial record. No middle name and not in Croydon where Margaret died but in your William Henry's birth county. Clutching at straws here.
    William Wenham
    Age at death ?
    Burial year 1886
    Burial date 15 March 1886
    Burial place Loose, Kent, England

There is a birth and death record in the March 1/4 in Maidstone so probably this burial. Ah well at least he is eliminated
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs