Researching an ancestor (Martha Johnson, formerly Hall, nee Brunning) I find her in 1891 with her adult son and the three children of her deceased daughter.

The daughter (Margaret Johnson born 1857) died in 1888. The three children are from her 1879 marriage to William Henry Wenham who was born 1855. When William married Margaret he was a beer dealer but when their daughter, Ada, was born in 1881 he was a fishmonger on the baptism record.

The three children William and Margaret Wenham had were Ada in 1881, Henry Charles in 1882 and Emily in 1885. The three children are in the 1891 census (RG12 Piece 1370 Folio 47 Page 9) with their uncle and grandmother (Martha Johnson). It seems reasonable the three young children would be living/staying with their grandmother but I can't find their father in 1891.

There is one possible who is about the right age, place of birth but the occupation is not right and he has a Sidney and Maud with him as son and daughter both born 1875. The GRO indexes does not show Sidney or Maud with mother's maiden name of Johnson around then.

So, where is my widowed William Henry Wenham in 1891?