Famous for offering help & advice

Default Edwin/Edwyn Booth UNWIN m TYM 1916 - WW1

Mis-filed in the CLA section of the WW1 Service Records (WO 363):

Edwin Booth UNWIN joined up (Regiment not known, possibly RFA) on 10 August 1914, declared age 19y 4m.
    Mother: Emily (32 Rampton Road, SHEFFIELD)
    Married Winifred TYM on 7 June 1916 at the U M Church, Ecclesall.
    Guardian: Rev W CRUICKSHANK, Manse of Kinneff, Berwick?
    Discharged 1919

I have not found his Birth - perhaps in Scotland? GRO Marriage spells his name as EDWYN

Anc****y, CLA, pages 222504-222512

Kinneff is in Angus. Cruikshank married Annie Tyme, dau of Henry Tyme and Mary Annie Oxley of Sheffield on 2 June 1908. He was a Church of Scotland Minister.

To look for more, I’ll need my PC.

{continued}

For reasons best known to themselves, Anc have Henry Tym's 1901 family indexed as Lynn. It's clear from the form that it's wrong.
    In the 1901, Henry & Mary Annie had 7 children listed including Annie and Winifred, so Edwin was Henry Cruikshank's brother in law. Winifred married Edwyn B. Unwin, 2nd Q 1916.

Also in the 1901, Edwyn & mother Emily - he's shown as 13 (b. approx 1888, Sheffield), father Edward J. Unwin, also b. Sheffield. D. 1966 London, probate to Winifred re Sheffield.

By the 1839, Edwyn's evolved from commercial clerk to Professor of singing and concerto... B.date given as 21 Apr 1887.

I THINK his birth was 1887 in Ecclesall Bierlow according to Anc's birth index. There's only one EBU.

That was fun.