Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thank you so much for all this Alma, you are so kind. I’m going to follow everything up you’ve suggested. Could you tell me how you searched for the newspaper articles. I know you said it was from the public library resources, but what did you put in the search bar?

Do you have access to a Library's online Gale 19th Century Newspapers? If so.................

Browse by Location > North West > Blackburn > Blackburn Standard > Michael Kelly in search box.

The presented list is chronological, I scrolled down to 1890's to find "Killed on the Railway at Blackburn"
    Alma

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Thomas Hogan's Army Service Records lists these children
    Maria 1908, Blackpool
    John 1910 Blackburn
    Maggie 1911, Blackpool
    Thomas 1913, Blackpool
    Alfred 1915, Blackpool

I searched for Bridget and Thomas in 1911 but didn't find them. However, I think this may be them, if so Bridget's name is listed as Delia (could be a mistake), everything else agrees with details already found, i.e. children's names and ages, and all places of birth.

They are boarding in the house of James Flood
    1911, Blackpool, RG14; Piece: 25433; Schedule Number: 81
    Thomas Hogen 21, General labourer, Bolton
    Delia Hogen 21, married 3yrs, Blackburn
    Maria Hogen 2, Blackpool
    John Hogen 1, Blackburn
    Hi Almach

Been checking up on FMP this weekend for these records, but coming up with nothing. Did you make a note of any reference numbers. I just can't find them at all even with the name of the street? TIA

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

As per 1891 census on my previous post #16 her parents were Michael and Margaret.

Marriages Mar 1881. Holywell 11b 249
    KELLY Michael
    RILEY Margaret

Thomas Hogan's British Army Service Records are on Ancestry. They name his wife as Bridget Kelly, and children .
    John Hogan Child
    Thomas Hogan Child
    Maria Hogan Child
    Margaret Hogan Child
    Alfred Hogan Child
    Address: 21, Moor St Blackburn. Regiment Name: S Bn The King's Own Royal Lancaster Regiment.
    Marriage Date: 26 May 1908
    Marriage Place: All Saints Blackpool
    Hi Almach. I have been trying to find these records for Thomas Hogan on FMP but cannot find anything.
    Was wondering if there were any references TIA

Dundee10

Just search for Delia HOGEN on the 1911 census, there is only one. The reference has already been given - 1911, Blackpool, RG14; Piece: 25433; Schedule Number: 81

Thomas Hogan's British Army Service Records are on Ancestry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234