Patrick Riely 27, glazier, Ireland
    Bridget Riely 35, Ireland
    William Riely 10
    Catherine Riely 8
    John Riely 5
    Margaret Riely 3
    Mary Noon 60, widow, mother in law, Ireland
    Alma

1871, Holywell, RG10; Piece: 5640; Folio: 28; Page: 23; All born Holywell Flintshire except Patrick.
    Patrick Kelly 56, herring dealer, Ireland
    Mary Kelly 51
    Mary Kelly 15
    Michael Kelly 12
    Joseph Kelly 11
    Margt Kelly 6
    Ellen W Kelly 4
    Alma

Thomas Hogan's Army Service Records lists these children
    Maria 1908, Blackpool
    John 1910 Blackburn
    Maggie 1911, Blackpool
    Thomas 1913, Blackpool
    Alfred 1915, Blackpool

I searched for Bridget and Thomas in 1911 but didn't find them. However, I think this may be them, if so Bridget's name is listed as Delia (could be a mistake), everything else agrees with details already found, i.e. children's names and ages, and all places of birth.

They are boarding in the house of James Flood
    1911, Blackpool, RG14; Piece: 25433; Schedule Number: 81
    Thomas Hogen 21, General labourer, Bolton
    Delia Hogen 21, married 3yrs, Blackburn
    Maria Hogen 2, Blackpool
    John Hogen 1, Blackburn
    Alma

Other information from Thomas Hogan;s service records

date of birth 12/11/89; religion R.C.

A death certificate for son Alfred, died 21st July 1916, 21, Moor St, Blackburn, age 14 months, son of Thomas Hogan private 11th battalion, Royal Lancaster Regiment, (an earthenware hawker), cause of death: bronchio pneumonia, informant Bridget Hogan, mother of 21, Moor St.
    Alma

1901, Blackburn, RG13; Piece: 3911; Folio: 118; Page: 7
    Mary Hogan 46, lodging house keeper, Ireland
    Mary Bryne 22, dau, Blackburn
    John Bryne 26, son in law, Blackburn
    Thomas Hogan 13, son, Bolton

Going back it begins to get complicated, I don't have time now to sort it out, but I can do so later.
    Alma

Wow Almach. I am absolutely blown away with all this information. This must be right as Bridget went on to name three of her sons JAlfred, Thomas and John. Going to check the name of her parents on the Marriage Certificate when it comes. How did you even start to find all this information, and even the Newspaper article? I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am. Will confirm the name of Bridget’s father once the Marriage Certificate arrives. Thank you from the bottom of my heart you lovely person

Almach. Words fail me. I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am for all this information. That is definately all correct, Maria was my Grandfather’s sister, also known as Dolly. Could you tell me where you found all this info, especially the newspaper article relating to Michael’s death on the railway, would love to know so I can apply it to future searches when I research my paternal side of the family. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are so so kind

Hi Almach. Still catching up on all this information from you. Mum tells me that after Dad died on the Railway, Bridget and her Mother and siblings had to go into the Workhouse, where Bridget’s Mum died apparently. Do you know whether there are any Workhouse records and where I would find them? Can’t stop saying enough thank you’s to you

Quote Originally Posted by Nerjagirl View Post
    Almach. Words fail me. I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am for all this information. That is definately all correct, Maria was my Grandfather’s sister, also known as Dolly. Could you tell me where you found all this info, especially the newspaper article relating to Michael’s death on the railway, would love to know so I can apply it to future searches when I research my paternal side of the family. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are so so kind
    Hi, you are welcome. Most of what I found is from Ancestry. The newspaper reports I got from my local public library's online resources which is a super database, and very convenient being able to access it from home. Enquire at your local public library as most offer some online resources.
    Alma

Quote Originally Posted by Nerjagirl View Post
    Hi Almach. Still catching up on all this information from you. Mum tells me that after Dad died on the Railway, Bridget and her Mother and siblings had to go into the Workhouse, where Bridget’s Mum died apparently. Do you know whether there are any Workhouse records and where I would find them? Can’t stop saying enough thank you’s to you
    I don't think you'll find online records for Blackburn Workhouse. If they have survived they'll most likely be held at Lancashire Record Office, try contacting them, a search fee may apply. https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/librar...record-office/

You may find this site interesting. https://www.workhouses.org.uk/Blackburn/
    Alma

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast