+ Reply to Thread
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change. Pam Downes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,280 Posts

Default Special offers on Subscription sites

Basicially what it says on the tin.

If you see one of the subscription sites is offering a free access period to the site, or a reduced subscription, then post the news here.

Note that your post, and any others associated with it, will be deleted at the end of the offer.

This special section means that offers don't get lost in other forums.

Thank you to timbo and techie Simon for arranging this.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam Downes For This Useful Post:

almach (10-08-2018), Lesley Robertson (10-08-2018), Megan Roberts (10-08-2018), Sandyhall (10-08-2018)

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change. Pam Downes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,280 Posts

Just realised that I've got an offer to share.

It's for Fold3 (who are part of Ancestry), and who have purely military records, mainly American ones. Offer expires 31 August 2018.

Just type fold3.com into a search engine.
    You can actually take a free seven day trial first - see box in centre bottom of home page. If you do this, make sure you untick any auto renew box/cancel before the trial finishes.
    If you want to take up the offer it's $59.95 instead of $79.95 a year.

They also seem to have a free membership, which I don't quite understand. See the details about all plans by clicking on the 'join now' box, at the top right if the home page.

To see the records they hold, click 'browse' in the top banner on the plans page. When you click on a category, make sure you scroll down.
    And there I think, I've found the answer to the 'free membership'- because some of the sections have 'free' written beside them.
    One thing they do seem to have is WW1 war diaries. Haven't checked how complete they are.

I also found out why the site is called Fold3
    "Traditionally, the third fold in some flag-folding ceremonies honors and remembers veterans for their sacrifice in defending their country and promoting peace in the world."

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pam Downes For This Useful Post:

christanel (10-08-2018)

+ Reply to Thread