linsch

Default Illegitimate Brother??

Again I am here to post another question, hopefully I'm in the right place to post this.
    Looking for a half brother, possibly born out of wedlock during WWII, mother English father American military stationed in England and France during the war.

Anyway for tracing him without knowing anything about him, my father just claimed that he loved a woman before my mother, (Marie) and she got pregnant and had a son. They never married, I don't know why.

My father married my mother in Newcastle in 1946 and I was born in 1949, father claimed the child was before my mother.

Father is passed, my mother passed in 2009 and always said never to talk about it, so I have little information, my father passed away at 47 and I was too busy at the time to get more involved. I have been searching since 1995 earnestly. No luck.

Father's name: George Perry Sparks

Brick wall demolition expert!

In England, in all probability, an illegitimate birth during that time would have been registered under the mother's family name without any mention whatsoever of the father, indeed in the box where the father's name would be listed there is likely to be a line.

So unfortunately unless you more information or the child has his father's name and is looking for him the chances of locating such a child are very small.

linsch

Yes, I hoped that in the last 20 years that maybe they were also looking, but nothing has come up and I've searched everywhere I possibly could. I thank you for reinforcing what I feared. They may not even know the truth if the mother never told them. Thank you so much for your reply.