+ Reply to Thread

Thread: russ

Newcomer to Brit-Gen
    Thanks

Smile russ

A big hello to all,
    I have been researching my family tree and have found out some amazing stuff over the last few months.
    I was surprized that my fathers family came from Worcestershire and not Poole Dorset as I thought.
    finding pictures of family members is so very wonderful.
    I never knew or saw my grandparents let alone my great grandparents, so when I found pictures of them I just burst into tears.
    seeing them for the first time just amazing.
    I also found out about my uncle Eric Raymond Price who was Flying Officer in 77 squadron.
    he got shot down over Germany in 1943.
    I did find a second cousin who sent me lots of info of family and she lives in USA.
    I also found out that a historian from Cornwall called Andrew had brought my uncle Eric medals(not sure how they got to auction but all I could find out was they were pawned and then sold as job lot years later to a collector) Andrew was and is such a lovely person, he allowed me to buy back my uncle medals from him even when he had been researching my uncle for many months. I found out such a lot from him and will always be so grateful to him.

I feel very emotional at min as after finding out stuff that my uncle went through I am so very very proud to be is nephew.

we will be going over to his grave in Hanover Germany very soon.

I cant find my dads service number or military records or my mums but all I have to go on is names and birth dates, my dad was in ground Crewe RAF and my mum was in the rafs? she did the same as our queen in the war something to do with driving ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST GREATFUL.

well wish you all great luck in your searches and really do hope you meet people like Andrew like I did.

all the best
    Russ

Settling in
    Thanks

As you know their name and date of birth you can apply for a copy of their service records from the MoD ...here

Newcomer to Brit-Gen
    Thanks

thank you

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change. Pam Downes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,280 Posts

Hi Russ,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Although AntonyMMM has given you the direct link to the MoD site, I always think this is a more user-friendly introduction re applying for service records
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...757#post585757

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

+ Reply to Thread