Default Missing Birth/Death Reg?

Hi everyone. Just recently joined and a real newbie, looking for advice. Trying to trace one of Mum’s Sisters. She was born after Mum, who was born in 1939 and she died at 6 weeks. There is no trace of a birth certificate but she did have a funeral and a doctor attended after she died. I cannot find a death certificate either despite looking on freeBMD and giving it a 10 year span from 1939 to 1949. Any suggestions. I know where the funeral was held, so should I check Parish Records next. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Brick wall demolition expert!

FreeBMD does not necessarily have 100% transcription coverage, so I would go to your local library, if you don't have a subscription to one of the commercial sites such as Ancestry, or Findmypast or similar, and at the library they should have a subscription, and you should be able to search for free.

Thank you for the reply. Really new, so had no idea. Will go to the library as you suggest

Reputation beyond repute

FreeBMD does have 100% coverage of births and deaths for 1939 to 1949.

I notice that you're in Scotland. The birth and death wasn't in Scotland, was it? If so FreeBMD is not the right place to look.

Yes I am in Scotland, but the birth and death occurred in Blackburn Lancashire

Brick wall demolition expert!

Ok so if as Peter says FreeBMD do have 100 % coverage for that period why not tell us her name and your best guess on dates and let us have a look.

The reason for suggesting this is twofold:
    1. It could be that your search parameters are too narrow - experience has taught us to play with dates, places, spellings etc because these are things that be different to that which we expect.
    2. The more sets of eyes the better!

Hi Megan

That is so kind of you, but I think I’ve found her. I was told she was called June, but her first name appears to be Dorothy, as all the other info matches. Thank you. This is a wonderful site and you are all so lovely and helpful to newbie like me

Hi Pam

Yes, I wasn’t sure how old Mum was when June was born, but I’ve found her now. She was given the name Dorothy June, which Mum didn’t realise and all the other info is correct relating to her birth and death certificates, so thank you. I’m really enjoying using this site and you are all so lovely and helpful. Thank you so much