Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home Chrissie b's Avatar

Default Robert johnstone dunfirmline fife

Hi all im hoping for info on my father born 1895 in dunfirmline , his father of the same name and his mother christina , grand father (his) andrew watson and g mother isabella , he had a sister isobella , margaret and christina and brothers alexander, david,james.
    I have some info from the cencus but nothing on the 1911 cencus everyone seems to dissapear i know my dad was in ww1 and was injused and returned on a hospital ship 1917, the next time i hear of him is 1939 regestry when hes married to a girl from north east , i would like to find the rest of his family and close some gaps .
    Chrissie b

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Chrissie
    I had a look at the free search of the 1911 census on Scotland's people as Lesley advised you in post #29. Does this sound like your family in Dunfermline? All with reference 424/19/3.
    Christina Johnstone 56
    Christina 12
    James 20
    David 23
    Robert 15
    To see the full record you will have to register and buy a few credits as Lesley suggested.

Yes that sounds like them .
    Chrissieb

Ok ive found first wife of my dad she was florence laidler heslop , now i know my mam was married before and had a son and my dad was a widower now i assumed that my mam was waiting for a devorce so my parents could marry but i think that it was my dad who had to wait as was born in 58 they married 65 the same year that florence dies , wwe will never know how the story goes and ive been looking for children and coming up blank but little futher ive got .
    Chrissieb

I found a brief mention on ancestry florence , her parents and my dad dates and names seem to fit but im not on any sites at the mo to check
    Chrissie b

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi Chrissie, I have found them on ancestry, Robert Johnstone born 18 Jun 1895 Dumferline, died Dec 1976 Northumberland, marries Florence Laidler Heslop born 1899, in Whitley Bay Northumberland 1937. I think its your dad, tell me the information you are looking for.

Robert

Robert's birth certificate should be available on Scotlands People.

Your infoe is same as mine , just found florance not to long ago and the reason why my mam phyllis and dad robert waited to wed coincides with the death of florence if my info is correct of coursebut im ticking the box im going to look for my dads siblings i know a little , thanks for your help.
    Chrissie b

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Will send pm
    Robert

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie b View Post
    Your infoe is same as mine , just found florance not to long ago and the reason why my mam phyllis and dad robert waited to wed coincides with the death of florence if my info is correct of coursebut im ticking the box im going to look for my dads siblings i know a little , thanks for your help.
    Chrissie b
    To find more about your Dad's siblings you will need to go to Scotland's People and buy some credits.
    Some records which might be worth checking (though are not necessarily your family).
    Death Alexander Johnstone age 95, Dunfermline 1963
    Death David Johnstone age 84Dunfermline 1973
    Death James Watson Johnstone age 73 Dunfermline 1965
    Marriage Isabella Johnstone 1900

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast