Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Starting to feel at home Chrissie b's Avatar

Sorry forgot to add i understand about posting about living people .
    Chrissie b

Default Re mothers bate of birth

Hi there i posted some info yesterday and it must be floating around the stratosphere so here it is again .
    My mother Phyllis fenwick (maiden name ).
    Name on wedding certificate to my dad phyllis may meek , to be johnstone .
    Wedding was 25 march 1965.
    Date of birth mother was 26 march 1916.
    My mother was devorced thats why there is a different surname and her previous marriage which was done in hammersmith .
    I have tryed to get info about thomas meek but records are closed , i dont need to go down that path as my dads siblings and my mothers family are what i need to find out about , what happened to them and so on .
    Chrissie b

Hi all ,
    The siblings of my dad are isobella 1875, maggie 1877, alexander 1879, david 1889, james1892 robert 1895-1976,and christina 1899there seems to be a big gap in the middle and i know from censues the children lived with the grandad andrew watson whome i think was in his 70s hopefully i will find out what happened to them and my dad .
    Chrissie b

If you look at my message #7, you'll see that I told you where to find Andrew's age.

My dad was a widower but theres no mention any where of his first wife , how would i find that out as i have no idea if married in scotland or england i could never find him on the 1911 cencus or his family he was still a child then .
    Chrissie b

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie b View Post
    My dad was a widower but theres no mention any where of his first wife , how would i find that out as i have no idea if married in scotland or england i could never find him on the 1911 cencus or his family he was still a child then .
    Chrissie b
    Hi
    His service records says he was sent to England on the Warilda 4 October 1917 having been injured 15 Sept 1917. He was in hospital for 215 days with the injury to and amputation of the 1st phalanx of his big toe. I wonder if his first marriage was in England?

Wikipedia says "HMAT Warilda (His Majesty's Australian Transport) was a 7713-ton vessel, built by William Beardmore and Company in Glasgow as the SS Warilda for the Adelaide Steamship Company.[1] She was designed for the East-West Australian coastal service, but following the start of the First World War, she was converted into a troopship and later, in 1916, she was converted into a hospital ship."

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

When discharged his record says 'dispatched to Kinross 14 feb 1919' so more likely he married the first time in Scotland? So his first marriage after this date and before 1965. A rather long time period.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Thanks christina funnily we share a first name , i was wondering was his service number on his medical report , i did have his medals pip, squeke and wilfred but they were stolen from my house many years ago my son who is in the army has tryed his best to get replacements (not the same ) and find his army number .
    Ive had a lot of help with the other side of the family as well so its all coming together so thanks again
    Chrissie b

Hi Chrissie b
    You are in luck - ancestry are giving free access to their military records.
    see this thread https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...ds-FREE-ACCESS

Christina
    William Burroughs

Hi i replyed to this but it seems to have gone somewhere elsa ha ha , i tryed the free site and my son also but we got no where was given limited names and i know for a fact that there are loads of johnstones in there , we will just wait .
    Thanks for all the help
    Chrissie b

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast