Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Starting to feel at home Chrissie b's Avatar

Talking Wow

Wow im impressed , i think nellies surname was willis i only seem to remember from what i was told she was a large lady .
    I have a piece of paper giving my aunty norah the right to act for aunty minnie that was dated 1966 she was living in a home i think was at stannington i went once but dont remember going in .
    My aunt only married once to a william edward pitkeathley from blyth she was a nursing sister at walkergate hospital , walkergate newcastle .her mother was a seamstress and i havent a clue what my mam did only her first husband was from london i assume as the married in hammersmith he was called meek .
    Uncle charlie was in the airforce and did marry we think she was called mary but not sure said to be very unhappy and tryed jumping from a bridge in jesmond , dont remember meeting him .
    Gosh gone on a bit but thanks againg got some extra points to be going on with .
    Chrissie b

Famous for offering help & advice

apologies for getting Nellie's surname wrong - I was getting confused

revised dates for Minnie Fenwick - born 9 December 1891, died June quarter 1974, registration district Northumberland Central

Norah Fenwick married William Edward Pitkeathley, Newcastle 1968. I believe William was a widower when he married Norah. I think he had married Vera HOGG in 1939 (one son) and Vera Pitkeathley died 1967 aged 50. I think William Edward Pitkeathley's dates are 1915 - 2005 (though there is another William Edward Pitkeathley 1892-1984, but that looked less likely).

a Charles E Fenwick married Mary GREEN, Goole registration district, September quarter 1937, but I don't think this can be relevant because Charles is on the 1939 register, unmarried with his parents at Whitley Bay.

I'm probably just telling you things you already know !

The thing with this geneolagy is sometime its only crumbs you get like a big jig saw with a bit missing you have given me some bits i can add to my puzzel .
    Thank you
    Chrissie b

The bill pitkeathley mentioned didnt hang around when wanting a wife after my aunty norah dies he married again in 6 to 8 months she also died but i think he had enough by that time .
    Chrissie b

Ok ive found the date of uncle charlie1912 and he worked in the ship yard with his dad and uncle henry he was married at some point but not by 25 , ive been told he had an un happy marrage and trye to commit suiside at one point but was saved by his sister and her friend from jumping off a bridge in newcastle , this is the story ive been told .
    Chrissieb

Looking back wimsey the other william edward pitkeathley may have been his dad , lovley man.
    Ive got a good bit on the johnstone side im trying this family side now the fenwicks.
    Chrissie b

I dont know if nellie married but her cousin minnie didnt and died 1966 same year as my grandma elizer she was in a home but not sure if she died there or in hospital .
    Chrissie , thank you .

Famous for offering help & advice

I'm sorry if I appear to have abandoned you - I no longer have any subscriptions to research websites which makes it difficult to help - but other forum members might be able to.

Not to worry im just waiting for my son to get us on track again and its a long drawn out process .
    Hope your keeping well .
    Chrissie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12