Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home Chrissie b's Avatar

Default Charles Edward FENWICK and Eliza GARTON

Hi im chrissie b and i am happy to join your happy band and hopefully find out some information a bout my grand parents Charles edward fenick wife eliza garten .
    Im retired and have a few hobbies , my son has started a family tree but have hit a brick wall .
    Im hoping there will be a relative out there with maybe some info or even a picture .
    Well thanks for listening and look forward to meeting you all

Hi Chrissie, and welcome to Brit-Gen.

We have lots of willing members who like nothing better than a challenge, so when you're ready choose a forum to post explaining your brick wall, it helps if you tell us what you already know. We have a forum titled 'Brick Walls' so that may be the best place for your query.

Good luck knocking it down, and happy hunting.
    Alma

Loves to help with queries

I'm sure you'll tell us more about your brickwall but just to clarify the surname spellings are FENWICK and GARTON according to the marriage index and their marriage was registered at Tynemouth in Dec quarter 1911.

Sue

Default Thank you

Thank you for the welcome and yes your spelling is correct i missed a letter , excited typing i'm allways been told to check , if i'm correct my grand mother elizer came from hull and grand father from newcastle they had 1 son called charles who joined the airforce we think , we have a picture in uniform .
    Grandad worked in shipyard with his brother we only have fragments and only if we have got it correct .
    Well better go ive gone on a bit .
    Thanks for the help.
    Chrissie b

Hi Chrissie
    I have separated your information about your father from your last post and given it a thread of its own in the Brickwall forum here
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...95-Dunfermline

I have also moved this thread to the Brickwall forum with the title Charles Edward FENWICK and Eliza GARTON
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Info for Charles edward fenwick 1886, my grandad he had a brother john henry 1885, sister amy ellen 1880 - 1939 , and lastly minnie 1892,
    The two brothers worked in the ship yard and i do remember minnie vaguely, from my info amy ellen had a daughter called nellie .theyall lived tynemouth and whitley bay , trweit road , cambridge avenue .
    Chrissie b

Famous for offering help & advice

if you have access to the 1939 register (on Ancestry or FindMyPast) you will see your grandparents Charles & Eliza (born 1874) with two children Charles (born 1912) and Phyllis (born 1916) at Lish Avenue, Whitley Bay.

I think your g-father Charles died 1948 - is that correct ? and Eliza in 1966 aged 92, is that correct ?

Amy Ellen Fenwick married William Willis (born 1877) at Tynemouth, 2nd quarter 1900. Daughter Ellen (Nellie) born 1902.

did Minnie Fenwick marry ?

John Henry Fenwick born 1884, married Isabella Parker 1937 ? died 1961 ?

are you stuck on one thing in particular ?

Im just trying to find out what happened to family of main characters charles edward and wife elizer i have some of your info but never knew nellie was ellen although had thought she may have gone by a pet name and john henry im sure was uncle jack an came to the house but i was very little but the face was just like pics of my grandad , i see he was married a new piece of the puzzle i can be looking into that.
    I dont think minnie ever married and im not sure if nellie did they just went off radar .
    Thanks a bunch for the help
    Im not sure when g,dad died but g, ma died 1966 they had a third child norah in 1914.
    Thanks again
    Chrissie b

a John H Fenwick, born 1884, is on the 1939 register at Belvedere Avenue, Whitley Bay with wife Isabell, born 1893.

Ellen (Nellie) Willis born 4th quarter 1901, Tynemouth, birth index volume 10b page 218. mother's maiden name (MMN) Fenwick. She is on the 1911 census with her parents at Hunter Street, Wallsend.

William and Amy Ellen Willis are on the 1939 register at Station Road, Wallsend.

your Fenwick great-grandparents were Charles Edward Fenwick, born Spilsby, Lincolnshire 1852, who married Elizabeth HUGILL (born 1857, Plawsworth, Durham) at Newcastle in 1879.

did Norah Fenwick marry David Redpath in 1938 ?

there are several Ellen (Nellie) Fenwick marriages in the 1920's and 1930's in North-East England, but if you only knew her as Nellie Fenwick I guess she didn't marry ?

so if Minnie Fenwick (born 1892) didn't marry, she perhaps died Darlington 1957 aged 63 (death index volume 1a page 204) ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast