Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Looking for my mother's service record

HI My name is Moira and I am trying to locate my mother's service records so I can try and claim her medals.
    Her name was Aline Smith, DOB 4th June 1922 in Dunkeld, Perth Scotland. She married Albert Edward Bonnick on 10th November 1945. All I know is that she was in the WRAF during WW2, she was stationed on RAF St AThan and was a rigger, that is the extent of my knowledge. I would like to find her service number dates she joined and left and weather or not she served over seas. I am hoping that someone on here will be able to help me with this without it costing me a fortune

Thanks

Moira

The records of all service personnel after 1921 are still with the Ministry of Defence. Read this "sticky note" for how to apply for the records
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Moira.
    I have deleted your duplicate post because having two posts the same can lead to confusion and frustration when members discover they have been searching for information already found by others.
    I have also moved this post from the Introduce Yourself forum to the WW11 forum as that is more approriate. I know your other post was in the Military forum but as Ladkyis had already answered this one I went with keeping it.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs