Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    I don't think you've mentioned it but I assume you already know that Lily's death was registered at Leighton Buzzard in 1974. On that 1959 passenger list her full UK address is 21 Wing Road, Linslade, Leighton Buzzard.
    Yes I did, thanks. That house has been owned by several members of the family now! But I don't think I had "proof" so to speak so I'll add it in. That being said, I have had trouble finding her on Ancestry (free trial for now!) but maybe FMP is better? Is it worth switching?

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by PhineasGage View Post
    ..... maybe FMP is better? Is it worth switching?
    I wouldn't like to say, I guess each is 'better' for different things (because they don't each hold all the same records). I just happen to have a month's subscription to FMP at the moment, but I have had subs to Ancestry in the past too.

I use both - as Wimsey says, it depends which database you need. Because of the way their licenses are sold, many (especially the newer ones) are only held by one company.

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by PhineasGage View Post
    I have had trouble finding her on Ancestry
    If you are looking for Lily in 1911 on Ancestry they have transcribed the surname as EAMER.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X75N-175

That probably explains it Dundee10. Thanks for the link, I'll add it in.

Just to update the situation, I had a look for "Medlam" in the records in South Africa. Unfortunately they can only search the titles, they haven't digitised the actual records (yet). I am just waiting on some paperwork from my mum to check what we already have before I order. There are 4 records, at least 2 of which are very likely to be "my" F Medlam. I hope all 4 are him because one of them is from 1913 (after he allegedly reappeared in Rhodesia in 1910) and *may* just open some other avenues of enquiry!

I had a quick look at "Marshall" as well but, predictably I suppose, it has a huge number of hits. I need to play a bit more with it but I'll probably worry about that when I get the Medlam stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12