Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Is there no other supporting data on the Workhouse records to show where Eliza/child went?
    If there is, Phillip, I haven't found it. Perhaps the record office would have further information.

One of my line didn't marry the person she and her children lived with but took his name.
    I considered that possibility when searching and did searches for first names only, yet still I didn't find likely candidates.

I keep going back to searching in the hope I'll find something else.
    Alma

I feel Eliza and Sarah must be in Lambeth in 1861, but I cannot find them, I'll keep trying.

Eliza married in 1858

Eliza Ann Hawes, father John, occ. potter, married William Arnold Bluring, occ. painter, 13th Jun 1858 at St Mary Lambeth

And this must be a son she lost, born before the marriage. I haven't found his birth, he should be on the 1861 census.

Deaths Jun 1862 age 6yrs
    Bluring Charles Hawes Lambeth 1d 186
    Alma

FindMyPast baptism (transcription only)

Charles Hawes, bap 24 April 1859, baptismal place Lambeth St. Mary the less, mother Eliza, father John, occpn. Potter, abode Vauxhall Walk
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

I have been looking at the Moss Solomon(s) and Moses Solomon (s) names in the 1851 Anglo Jews Data base who were tailors/clothes salesmen/slop sellers and there are potential individuals but there is too little data to link them to Moses Solomons shopman in 1854 or to a Montague Solomons.
    There is also the possibility that Sarah Rebecca's father died or was not in the country by the time of her marriage.

Coincidentally, I read a newspaper article ( from memory 1897 so much too late or relevant but interesting) in which a Montague Solomons in Australia had sent money to his young daughter who was being looked after by a stranger.

Still looking.

Phillip

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345