This thread is an update to much earlier threads -PERCY HORACE UNDERWOOD possibly PERCY HART started 26.3.2011; HART,SIMMONS-THORLEY-WHELAN-WILLETT UK and Australian links 01.10.2006; CLAUDE SPENCER HART

In these threads I provided a range of data relating to David Hart son of John Hart and Elizabeth Jacobs and his wife Sarah Simmons daughter of James Simmons and Agnes Thorley. I also posted on Claude Spencer Hart son of Nathan James Hart (son of David Hart/Sarah Simmons).

The postings identified 3 sons of Sarah named as John, James aka Nathan and Percy E Hart. These 3 sons appeared with their mother in the 1861 British Census ( Copyright TNA) RG9 450 212 5
Ashburton Cottage 2 Selhurst Road Croydon Surrey
Sarah Hart H Widow 35 Independent b Australia
Percy E Hart son 1 b Middx London
John son 15 b Australia
James son 11 b Middx
+1 servant
Also in the same house:
Sarah H SIMMONS H M 45 House proprietor b Middx London
+1 servant

Todate I have yet to identify who Sarah H Simmons was or what her maiden name might have been

My earlier posts attempted to trace Percy Hart and the thread Percy Horace Underwood possibly Hart sought to speculate that he was an illegitimate son of Sarah. The research also showed that Sarah was not a widow and that her husband David Hart outlived her and re- married.

The issue regarding Percy and his father remained unresolved and the posts also showed that he received a regular remittance from Claude Spencer Hart son of Nathan aka James Hart but no data to confirm a relationship or why the money was paid.

I had assumed that Sarah had not re-married. However, this week a researcher looking into the John Butler Bushelle lines kindly contacted me to provide information which showed that Sarah may have re-married but at the least had a relationship with John.

On the death of Sarah in 1890 she left probate to her 2 sons James and John with no mention of Percy.

Importantly, three Australian Newspaper accounts give 4 separate Death notices for Sarah in 1890. One of these refers to Sarah as 'the beloved wife' of J B Bushelle:
At her residence, GLENDARRA,Paddington Street Paddington, Sarah the beloved eldest daughter of Agnes and the late James SIMMONS. The Sydney Morning Herald Thurs 6 Feb 1890

HART- Feb 3 at 51 Paddington Street Sarah wife of David Hart of London formerly of Sydney NSW aged 66 years- Evening News Sydney Weds 5 Feb 1890

BUSHELLE -Feb 3 at 51 Paddington Street Sarah BUSHELLE aged 58 years- The Sydney Morning Herald Thur 13 Feb 1890

BUSHELLE-February 3 at 51 Paddington Street, Sarah beloved wife of J B Bushelle aged 58 years The Sydney Morning Herald NSW Tues 4 Feb 1890

When John Butler Bushelle died the following year in 1891 his address was also Glendarra Paddington Street-
The Australia Star (Sydney) Mon 14 Sept 1891
BUSHELLE- At his residence Glendarra, Paddington Street Paddington Mr John Bushelle eldest son of the late Madame Bushelle aged 53

I will post further on John Butler Bushelle including his marriage in 1891 and son born 1892.

Phillip