Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    A fountain of knowledge

AUDREY

In time do let me know whether the School info helped!
    best wishes
    Jill

Knowledgeable and helpful

So sorry not to have been back here and checked you had posted some information - I usually get an e-mail when there is a reply on a thread I am following.

The school information is very relevant and has certainly added another piece to the jigsaw puzzle. I will be able to feed it into the biography I have of my mother-in-law and her sister and it may provide an extra clue. So exciting - thank you!!!

A fountain of knowledge

Thanks Audrey I was concerned in case you had missed the info I received about the School, which it seems you did!
    Hopefully it answers you original question as to where she was in the 1939 Register ie in theory in School in Exeter but
    in practice in hospital in London. Jill

Knowledgeable and helpful

I Googled the school and found some interesting information on it. I also e-mailed them and asked them to confirm the name of the head or a member of staff in 1939 in the hope that the name will pop up at the school in the 1939 Registration and I can also see Daphne there - or not! It is a long shot because a lot of the pupils will be less than 100 years old still so will be blanked but you never know!!

A fountain of knowledge

Thanks Audrey. I am about to send you a pm - private message
    with thanks Jill

A fountain of knowledge

Audrey sorry can't send you a pm as I am having great problems with the site as it blocks me from
    accessing functions and keeps telling me to register - perhaps you can send me a pm and then possibly
    that will help me reply. I was going to give you the name and email of the person at the School who
    gave me the info I then posted for you! Jill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123