Thread: Dalek39

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dalek39

Trying to find a living relative of Joseph Batram Azelby donovan 1828, who has a comparative DNA sample

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by Woody146 View Post
    Trying to find a living relative of Joseph Batram Azelby donovan 1828, who has a comparative DNA sample
    Have you got a tree on Ancestry if its not you then it could lead to a relative.

There are at least 10 Family trees on Ancestry you could be looking at.

Yes, under Wood/Ward family tree in Ancestry. Looking for a Donovan who was involved in the Roman Catholic temperence society, 'The league of the cross' started in 1873 by Cardinal Manning, which had a secretary (first name unknown) called Donovan, who might be my great-grandfather

So you are not looking for Living Relative's then as your post suggest

In the first instance I'm hoping to find a relative of JBA Donovan who has had a recent ydna test to compare with mine, to see if this parrticular JBA Donovan can be verified as my great garndfather.

Have you had a DNA test done with Ancestry because it seems to me they only connect you with other people that have trees on Ancestry and have had a DNA Test done. You can see who else has the same as you with the hits for other peoples trees that have the same as you .
    My tree on Ancestry is Private and I've not had DNA done. A cousin has had her DNA done and she has the same people in her tree as I do (Hers is public) as I gave her most of the information I had found. Some one in Australia had her DNA done the results connected her to my Cousin not me, Megan (my cousin) gave her my E-mail address for her to contact me. yes she is connected to me and my family. Its worth connecting with these other trees on Ancestry if it helps.

I have connected with your tree and see what a problem you have !!!

Thanks Sandyhall,
    I'm not currently paying for ancestry membership, so unable to check this out until I start again. Are you able to give me your cousins Megan's login name? Ok if not. I will have to pursue later, but if I have the right Donovan, who was a religeous clerk, then I would expect some kind of linkage with my multichondrial DNA
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 22-07-2018 at 1:51 PM. Reason: logins removed

Thanks Sandyhall,
    I'm not currently paying for ancestry membership, so unable to check this out until I start again. Are you able to give me your cousins Megan's login name? Ok if not. I will have to pursue later, but if I have the right Donovan, who was a religeous clerk, then I would expect some kind of linkage with my multichondrial DNA
    Megan is out of the country at the moment and hasn't done any research for about a year now I think she in Japan.